Senior Budgets and Contracts Manager
The Federation of American Scientists is searching for a Senior Budget and Contracts Manager to manage the organization’s budgeting cycle and contracting process. Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate will have experience in financial budgeting and forecasting as well as contract management across a diverse array of revenue generating activities including philanthropy, government contracts and fee for service revenue.
At the Federation of American Scientists, we believe in embracing a growth oriented and entrepreneurial mindset to drive impact for our colleagues, our customers and the world. The Budget and Contracts Manager will work as part of the Operations Team and play a key role in growing our organization’s internal operations and efficacy. This person will develop routines, processes and platforms to embed smart budgeting and financial management into all facets of our work. The right candidate will help shape the role according to their skills, and act as a key player toward achieving significant growth and long-term sustainability for The Federation of American Scientists.
What you’ll do: (Core responsibilities)
- 管理项目,投资组合和组织形式zational budgeting cycles
- Prepare quarterly programmatic and organizational budget to actual reports
- Develop forecasting and scenario planning routines
- Work with programs and development teams to prepare proposal budgets and reformat budgets according to donor requirements
- Review new grant and contract agreements and modifications and process internally for review and signature
- Partner with Strategy and Development team to produce all financial and program report requirements
- Maintain complete and accurate files of all contractual and funding agreements.
- Prepare donor financial reports
- Review contract and issue Purchase Orders (PO)
- Prepare sub-agreements and process any necessary amendments to sub-agreements; process reimbursements to sub-grantees; maintain schedule of sub-grantee and pass-through recipient obligations, payments and remaining balances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in business with some advanced training in contracts, finance or budgeting.
- Eight plus years demonstrated experience in contracts, budgeting and grants management. This experience should include an in-depth understanding of contracts management, ability to organize and manage complex project tracking systems, work plan implementation and budget preparation experience.
- Knowledge of philanthropic and government contracting procedures is desirable.
- Advanced skills with database, spreadsheet and word processing software applications.
- Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; self-starter; and, ability to work independently.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to reach across departments and teams to develop solutions with many stakeholders in mind
- Ability to work on a schedule, and experience in designing and implementing processes and routines across an organization
FAS is pleased to offer a hybrid work environment where employees can balance an in-office and work from home office schedule. Employees are expected to be in the office at least two days a week. Full remote accommodations can be explored when necessary, but do remain the exception.
- $85,000 – $120,000
Don’t check off every box? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At FAS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and developing new voices. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway – you might just be the right candidate.